NerdQuake Podcast, Episode 011 -- Monday, June 11th, 2012
"Agoraphobia? More like a-BORE-aphobia..."
Segment 0 - Intoxi-Quake
- 2 oz Midori
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- Splash Mountain Dew Soda
Cris encourages more than a splash, but mix to taste and serve!
**(please drink responsibly!)
Segment 1 - This week in Nerd History
- June 14th, 1947 -- A supposed UFO crash lands in Roswell, New Mexico.
Segment 2 - Gaming This Week (E3 week)
- Planetside 2 - humans get their hand on alien technology and war breaks out. Almost-MMO, monthly subscription.
- Halo 4... *shrugs* It won some awards at E3, but the n3rds are bored of Halo.
- Nintendo WiiU (only real hardware announcement at E3):
- Wablet will turn on and control your TV
- All existing Wii controls will work, also WiiU Pro controller, and of course the “Wii U Game Pad” Wiipad
- “Two screens are better than one” Plays w/ golf ball on Wablet on ground. Swings with wiimote.
- Wablet has a built-in camera to do video chat.
- Miiverse – Mii Universe. Like an agora where Miis congregate around games they’re playing… you view this in real time, including games you don’t own
- You can post messages via text or hand-written doodles, or miis w/ facial expressions
- “Social window” through your Wablet
- Available on your mobile device
- Want to create empathy
- Assassin’s Creed III at launch
- “ZombiU” – LOL.
- SimCity (reboot) has a new trailer and the in-game engine (Glass Box) is looking pretty good so far. Graphics aren't final.
- SimCity Social - SimCity for your grandma on Facebook.
- Tomb Raider... anyone?
- Watch Dogs from Ubisoft - It’s like a hacker-inspired GTA...
Segment 4 - TV Shows / Movies
- Prometheus - the prequel to the prequel of Alien
- The N3rds talk about Sequel / Prequel / Reboot mania...
Segment 5 - QQ-Quake
- ASUS is so sexist...